Cannabis-infused butter, also known as cannabutter, is a type of butter that is infused with cannabis. It is a popular ingredient in many cannabis recipes, such as brownies, cookies, and other baked goods.
Here is a simple recipe for making cannabis-infused butter:
• 1 cup unsalted butter
• 1 cup ground cannabis flower
1. Preheat your oven to 240°F (115°C).
2. Spread the ground cannabis on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven for 40 minutes. This process is called decarboxylation, and it activates the THC in the cannabis, making it more potent.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan with a few cups of water. The water will help prevent the butter from burning and will also help remove any impurities.
4. Add the decarboxylated cannabis to the melted butter and water mixture.
5. Simmer the mixture over low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Do not let the mixture come to a boil.
6. Remove the mixture from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
7. Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine-mesh strainer to remove the plant material.
8. Refrigerate the butter mixture for at least an hour to allow it to solidify.
9. Once the butter has solidified, remove it from the refrigerator and discard the water. Your cannabis-infused butter is now ready to use!
It's important to note that the potency of the butter will depend on the potency of the cannabis you use and the amount of butter you use. Always start with a small amount when using cannabis-infused butter and wait a few hours before consuming more, as the effects can take some time to fully kick in. Additionally, be sure to label your cannabis-infused butter clearly and store it in a secure location, out of reach of children and pets.